* 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken cut into small pieces or strips
* 6 tablespoons soy sauce
* 1 tablespoon sesame oil
* 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 1½ teaspoons sugar
* dash pepper
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 6-8 oz. sliced mushrooms
* 2-4 chopped green onions
* 10 oz. long rice (cellophane noodles)
* 8 oz chicken broth
Combine 2 tablespoons soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, sugar and pepper to create a marinade. Add the chicken and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
Cover and soak long rice in cold water for 30 minutes. Cut into eight lengths. (Smaller lengths can be used based on preference.)
Place a large skillet or wok over high heat. When hot add vegetable oil and marinated chicken. Cook until chicken no longer is pink, turning often. Reduce heat and add mushrooms, green onions, long rice, chicken broth and remainder of soy sauce. Simmer until hot, stirring often – about 3 minutes.
Note – Long rice requires very little cooking time. It absorbs liquid very easily and can easily break down if cooked too long.
How visitors found this page:
- chicken long rice recipe sam choy
- chicken long rice sam choy
- Sam Choys Chicken Long Rice
- sam choy chicken long rice
- Sam Choy\s Chicken Long Rice