* 1 whole chicken cut into pieces
* 1 tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
* 1 teaspoon Hawaiian sea salt
* water as needed
* 3 pounds of taro leaves
* 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
* 1 can of coconut milk
Heat vegetable oil in a large pot.Add the chicken pieces and brown lightly, turning requently.
Add enough water to cover the chicken. Simmer for about 30 minutes. Pour out the liquid.Heat 2 tablespoons butter or margarine in the pot.Add the drained chicken.Season with salt to taste and simmer. Add 1-2 lbs. of taro leaves, as well as 1 cup coconut milk to chicken. Simmer for 5-10 minutes and serve.Spinach can be substituted for taro leaves, although the flavor will not be the same.
How visitors found this page:
- chicken luau recipe
- chicken luau
- whole cut chicken recipes hawaiian
- chicken luau with spinach