* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/3 cup butter flavored shortening
* 2 eggs
* 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
* 1/2 cup spiced rum
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
* 1/4 cup water
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1/4 cup rum
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) Grease and flour a 9×9 inch pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, pudding mix, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center and add shortening, eggs, pineapple, 1/2 cup rum and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Stir in macadamia nuts.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. While cake is still very warm, poke holes all over top of cake with toothpick. Slowly spoon glaze onto cake. Cake will be very moist. Let stand for at least 15 minutes to absorb glaze. Best served while still warm.
4. To make the glaze: Place water, butter, and 1/2 cup sugar in small sauce pan. Boil 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add 1/4 cup rum.
How visitors found this page:
- pineapple macadamia nut cake recipe
- pineapple macadamia nut cake
- hawaiian pineapple macadamia nut cake recipe
- Hawaiian Pineapple Macadamia Nut Cake
- pineapple macadamia nut fruit cake recipe
- pineapple macadamia nut fruit cake
- hawaiian fruit cake macadamia nuts fruit rum
- pineapple and macadamia nut fruitcake recipe
- Hawaiian Macadamia Nut cake Recipes
- recipe for pineapple macodamia cake